I woke up feeling anxious today. All the books that I want to read were calling me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever felt this way, like someone suddenly wakes up with the thought that life is short. This anxiety may have come because it's been a little while since I've had my nose in a novel. I read The Martian Chronicles in June-mid July, and that might not sound like a long time ago to some but between that time and now I've read a heap of short stories. I've also started reading a couple of novels that I've decided to come back to at another time (you know how that goes). Seems that these two things has made the time feel longer.
So, today I've made a list of books that I can't wait to get into. First on that list is The Bone Clocks because David Mitchell is coming to town in November (Yay! It will take me from this week until November to get through the book since I have a project I'm looking to have done by Thanksgiving). Then, I can get to the other books on the list.
1. The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell (isn't that paperback beautiful?)
2. Wind/Pinball by Haruki Murakami
3. Slade House by David Mitchell (He'll be giving copies out at his Event, but I can't knock out to massive books back to back, hence the breather with Haruki)
4. As a Machine and Parts by Caleb J. Ross
5. The Wraith series by Joe Hill (comic)